Re: rh7 binaries?

On 09 Apr 2001 21:21:28 +0200, Christian Rose wrote:
> Mark Lehrer wrote:
> > Hello!  I am trying to locate red hat 7 binaries - are they available?
>
> The Gnome project itself does only distribute tarballs, but I'm sure
> Ximian (http://www.ximian.com/) will provide binary Gnome 1.4 packages
> shortly, and for a range of distributions, including Red Hat 7.
> If you go to their web site, there is a field for subscribing to their
> announcements. I think it's very likely that they'll send out an
> announcement when the packages are ready.

The GNOME project is planning to resume distributing binaries in the
next few weeks.  Hopefully we'll be able to distribute for at least
Debian Unstable, RH 6.X, and RH 7.x.  In the mean time, I've got a
partial GNOME 1.4 build available at
ftp://ftp.linux.org.uk/pub/linux/plain-GNOME.  Stay tuned for more on a
GNOME packaging project.

    Greg