Re: [gmime-devel] gmime/GMime-3.0.metadata missing from 3.2.1 tarball

Apparently I didn't have vala installed so it decided not to include that in the tarball. I thought I only
needed gobject-introspection, but I guess I was wrong.

I wonder if it's possible to move the vala binding stuff out of gmime and have someone else maintain / make
releases of it to avoid this in the future (since I rarely ever think to install vala on my machines since I
don't use it directly).

I'm not sure if I'll make another release to fix this or not. I'm thinking I'll just wait until I have some
actual fixes to roll out.

Jeff

On 10/31/18, 5:02 PM, "gmime-devel-list on behalf of Daniel Kahn Gillmor" <gmime-devel-list-bounces gnome
org on behalf of dkg fifthhorseman net> wrote:

    On Wed 2018-10-31 15:48:38 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
    > Just released 3.2.2 with the fix.

    hm, i still don't see the gmime/GMime-3.0.metadata file there:

    0 $ wget -q -O- 'https://download.gnome.org/sources/gmime/3.2/gmime-3.2.2.tar.xz' | tar tJ | grep -i
metadata
    1 $

    sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(