Re: [gmime-devel] copy gmimemessage

Yeah, this is actually one of our major use cases, we have to create different copies of a message efficiently (for different recipients). Re-composing message after parsing seems to be non-trivial (keeping exactly the same structure), re-parsing message again - inefficient.

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg fifthhorseman net> wrote:
On Thu 2017-08-03 18:24:12 +0000, Jeffrey Stedfast via gmime-devel-list wrote:
> Probably constructing the message manually.

Should we add a clone function to the API for future versions?  it
sounds like that might be something commonly needed.

Kane, if you implement it outside of gmime, please consider proposing a
patch!  if you use github:

    https://github.com/jstedfast/gmime

    --dkg