Re: [gmime-devel] GMime 2.5.1 released, need help with S/MIME implementation

On 02/08/2010 01:07 AM, Dirk-Jan C. Binnema wrote:
> Hi Jeffrey,

>     JS> Hi all,
>     JS> I've just released 2.5.1 which is mostly just 2.5.0 with all the bug
>     JS> fixes that have gone in since 2.4.6 (which was released around the same
>     JS> time as 2.5.0) along with various build fixes for Visual Studio (for
>     JS> those of you who are on Windows).
>
> Ah, great stuff, thanks.
>
>     JS> I've basically hit a brick wall as far as S/MIME support goes because I
>     JS> don't know how to create S/MIME certificates to use for
>     JS> signing/encryption (and it seems that Thawte no longer provides this
>     JS> service for free). I also don't have access to any S/MIME messages.
>

> Did you try CACert:
>  http://www.cacert.org/
> ?

No, I hadn't known about CACert. Thanks.

I was hoping, however, to create a certificate for a dummy entity so
that I could include the certificates in the source tarball (speaking of
which, have I added the gpg keys I use for testing?). I'm not sure I'd
want to distribute a cert that was issued for *me* in a public source ;-)

Still, it's better than nothing I guess.

I'll have to take a closer look at them later.

Thanks again Dirk,