[Glade-devel] [Glade-users] Using Treeviews

On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 13:51 -0300, John Coppens wrote:
On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 15:06:22 -0500
"Zach Tibbitts" <zach at collegegeek.org> wrote:

When using a Treeview in Glade (3.1.4) is there any way to define the
columns, etc. within Glade itself?

No, there isn't. Part of the reason is that the definition of the data in
the treeview is not necessarily the same as the database that 'feeds' the
view (the gtktreemodel).

So you may have a treemodel with more (or even less) columns than the
view, and Glade only lets you define the treeview, not the model.

Yeah,
   sorry about the "modal" property being available - I guess
I left it there as a teaser - maybe once the builder gets into
gtk+ we'll be able to define models in glade and hook them up
with that property.

Shall I disable that property ?

Also, if anyone feels like arguing the relevence of supporting
model data in a GUI designer - I'm all ears :)
(cross-posting to glade-devel for that reason).