[Glade-devel] Glade 3.0.1 bugfix release

Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
[...]
First of all nice work! glade 3.0.0 is in Debian experimental since its
release thanks to the work of Lo?c Minier, who updated my previous
snapshot package.

While looking at 3.0.1 he pointed out to me that the soname of the
libgladeui-1 library has been bumped again in this release, but no ABI
or API breakage happened. There were only aditions, from what he could
investigate (diff'ing the headers, mainly).

Was that intended?

Ha, I guess somebody noticed that after all :)

I've been in the habit of always bumping the libtool versioning
in every single release - I just mechanicly bumped the numbers instead
of asking myself if they really needed bumping.

Sorry if that's caused any trouble.

Note that the libgladeui-1 is also subject to those libglade namespace
problems and people should probably stay away from embedding untill
we get that fixed anyway (i.e. linking to libgladeui == embedding glade
in your IDE).