[Glade-devel] Re: Glade integration in Anjuta

Hi Tristan,

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 21:28, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

As you've noticed, the bulk of glade-3 development has been
emerging on the LIBGLADE_INTEGRATION branch and it makes
no sence for me to apply major patches to HEAD ATM.

Okay.

I had no idea about LIBGLADE_INTEGRATION brach before so the patch was
created from HEAD.

In light of the situation; I think the appropriate course of action is to
apply the anjuta changes to LIBGLADE_INTEGRATION (as you pointed
out on irc, it doesn't change much for your patch) and then turn our
focus to the libglade modifications that we are depending on.

Okay, I guess that means I should commit the patch in the branch.

Unfortunatly, that might not be fast enough for your beta release...
I dont really know what to say about that (and I wouldn't really call
glade-3 beta material yet either, the core codebase is rock-solid IMO,
only there are alot of annoying loose ends, like composite widget dialogs
that are a true pain to deal with).

That's fine. Anjuta beta release is just The Plan (tm). I am not even
sure anjuta can make it either, but the point is to keep sticking on to
it :-). Glade doesn't have to be released along with it, as the plugin
will be conditionally compiled for now. I just wanted to have the option
to demonstrate it to people interested in it.

Thanks.

Regards,
-Naba