Re: [Gimp-user] License

Hi Anja,

On Wed, 3 Jul 2013 07:48:42 +0200
Anja <annetschka gmx net> wrote:

Hello, i am a teacher in a german middleschool. We would like to burn a cd
with all the programms we use in our school for our students. I would like to
know if you allow us to take gimp to the free cd only for our students?

Since GIMP is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_and_open-source_software and as
such is redistributable, it should be OK ("I am not a lawyer" - IANAL - etc.).
Note that you may need to provide the source somewhere where those who
receive the binaries can download it according to the
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_General_Public_License which is the licence
of GIMP.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish