Re: Remove Richard Stallman - Selam G. - Medium

Dear board members,

For your information, I have sent the following to the FSF ED and
board:

-----
Dear John and FSF board members,

It is with regret that I'm having to write this mail, but the recent
and past behaviours of the FSF President are causing commentary and
complaints within the GNOME community. After writing to you before with
concerns about Libreplanet, I am disheartened that issues have occurred
yet again. I'm writing to enquire as to what steps are being taken to
address this issue.

I'm sure you understand that we have to think of the well being of our
community and the GNOME mission. One of the GNOME Foundation's
strategic goals is to be an exemplary community in terms of diversity
and inclusion. We can't continue to have a formal association with the
FSF or the GNU project when its main voice in the world is saying
things that hurt this aim.

I greatly admire your work, and the work of FSF staffers and
volunteers, but have now reached the point of concluding that the
greatest service to the mission of software freedom is for Richard to
step down from FSF and GNU and let others continue in his stead.

I look forward to hearing from you in the coming days,
Neil
-----

On Sat, 2019-09-14 at 11:55 -0700, philip.chimento--- via board-list