Re: Budget for GNOME Asia

That'd be nice to have this information indeed (I'm biased here: the next GNOME+Rust hackfest is happening soon).

Le mar. 10 sept. 2019 à 19:45, meg ford <megford gnome org> a écrit :
Hi,
On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 4:25 AM Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
Hi Meg,

meg ford <megford gnome org> wrote:
> Can someone please tell us how much budget we have for GNOME.Asia so we can start processing travel applications? Also, we haven't gotten this information for any of the conferences so far this year until we have requested it, so can the Board please schedule a regular item in the planning timeline for future conferences to notify TC more than a month before the conference of the travel budget so we can process applications in a timely fashion? It would be much appreciated!

I've quickly dug into this. Unfortunately, I don't see mention of a
travel budget in either the vote for GNOME.Asia 2019 [1] or their
budget [2].

I haven't consulted with anyone else on this, but my reading is that
the board will have to approve a separate travel budget for GNOME.Asia
(the next meeting when we could do this will be September 23), or the
Travel Committee will have to use its own budget.

Thanks! Rosanna pinged me on chat about this last night and said she thinks Kristi has more information, but I wasn't able to get ahold of her today. I'll update here when I do get an answer from Kristi.

If we need to use our own budget, can someone tell me whether we have a new budget for October to December, and if so, how much money do we have? I'm still very vague on when our budget is renewed and how much we have have per quarter.

My reading is that, historically, we haven't been consistent about
including travel in the budgets of our conferences. I'd personally be
in favour of doing this in the future, and the board might need to
spell this out in our conference spending policy [3].

Apologies for the inconvenience, and thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Thanks very much!

Meg

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20190429
[2] https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2019Summit?action="">