Re: Seb128 post in Planet GNOME

There does indeed seem to be a lot of attempts at public shaming recently. There's the stopthemingmy.app, Michael's blog posts, and now this. I have a pair of blog posts in mind (with my community member hat on), but they will probably still take a while until they are cooked. One against public shaming, and one about how to deal politely with demanding users.

(For those who missed it, the context of the second one is that there was a spam attack today on GitLab of a user creating ~50 duplicates of the same feature request, claiming it was a "peaceful protest". Obviously unacceptable, but the issue seems to have escalated to this point after a GNOME community member in a moment of frustration reacted to a comment on the initial feature request with the 🖕 emoji.)

PS. Note that Sebastian's previous blog post was actually defending against Michael's recent shaming of Ubuntu, and before that there was a 10 year gap in his blog :-P