Starting on the GNOME Foundation Board of Directors

Dear Britt and Tristan,

Congratulations on your election to the GNOME Foundation Board of
Directors! Although the result will not be finalized until the end of
28 July, I wanted to take this opportunity to welcome you and get the
ball rolling on your directorships.

You will become directors of the GNOME Foundation as soon as the
election result is confirmed. This means that you will have full
voting rights, and the board will rely on your presence at meetings in
order to make quorum.

Currently our meetings are held at 15:30 UTC on Mondays. These are
conducted via video conference, and there's a dial-in option. We will
likely revisit the meeting time, but it would be useful to know if you
can make the current one.

Once the election result is finalised, you will be given access to the
board's private information and communication channels, including:

 - confidential issues in Gitlab
 - private wiki pages
 - the board-list, board-only and advisory-board mailing lists
 - the Foundation Board discourse channel

When this happens, it would be a good idea for you to familiarise
yourself with what's in there. In the mean time, you can read the
GNOME Foundation Bylaws [1] and our public Gitlab issues [2], both of
which are good to be familiar with.

Finally, don't forget about our in-person meetings prior to GUADEC, on
21 and 22 August.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Best wishes,

Vice-President, GNOME Foundation Board of Directors

[1] https://www.gnome.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/bylaws.pdf
[2] https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/Board/issues