A plea to get #60 truly fixed

Hi,

My intention is not to make a fuss, so I’m sending this as a private
email to the board rather than commenting on the public issue
directly. I believe I have been wronged in the handling of
https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/Board/issues/60 and I’m seeking your
benevolence in order to get closure. I know it’s been more than half a
year since we last touched on the topic, but I reckon this is a good
thing as it gave everyone involved time to take a step back and be
more objective about it.

My issue is that in Philip’s “addendum stating explicitly that [I]
asked for [my] dissent to be recorded.” he did not copy the minutes
but rather rephrase them in his own words. Now I am not questioning
that it was done in good faith, as is stated later in the gitlab
issue, but I am pretty sure the phrasing is mischaracterizing my
initial statement that was recorded in the minutes[0]. The public
minutes of the board meeting from October 9th 2018 state:
This seems unnecessary just for one line from the minutes. Alexandre could have replied to the email
himself.
This is actually not true. As I am not a board member anymore, I just
don’t have access to the old private minutes and thus I was (and still
am) unable to get the information to publish it, or even just to check
that the addendum is an accurate representation of my initial
statement.

I am asking for a verbatim copy of the relevant lines from the minutes
of the meeting of May 27th to be published.

I wish did not have to bring this up again and I hope you won’t resent
me for that, but it is difficult for me to move on as it is and I
thank you in advance for your understanding. If anything is unclear,
by all means do not hesitate to ask me for more details. I won’t try
to convince anyone if it turns out there was indeed a difference
between my statement and its interpretation in the addendum, but I am
willing to clarify it if any of you wants to know once the copy has
been released.

Regards,

[0] Benjamin’s comment at
https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/Board/issues/60#note_344793 expands on