From: Johan Thelin <e8johan gmail com>
Date: Fri, Nov 30, 2018, 13:18
Subject: foss-north 2019

Hi all,

As you might have noticed, the foss-north 2019 website is finally online and the detailed planning is underway!

The plan is that foss-north runs from April 7 - 10, with the conference on the 8th and 9th. The 10th will be a training day and the 7th will be a community hack day. For the community hack day we will get conference rooms around the town with infrastructure for various projects to do hackathlons.

The companies providing us with rooms have the opportunity to present themselves to visitors and we will encourage them to have some sort of open house policy during these days.

From a practical perspective, foss-north will pair up projects with rooms, provide a map to visitors, and try to get the press interested.

This leaves me with a bit of a chicken and egg problem - to get rooms I need contents, and to get contents I need rooms. I was hoping that Gnome would be interested in participating as contents for this.

From a practical stand-point, we can help with many things, but we cannot afford to reimburse travel for a whole team of developers. What we can offer is free tickets to the conference, organizing some sort of event for all the projects in the evening, and trying get some buzz around this.

I'd love to discuss the feasibility of this with you. Are Gnome interested in doing this? What would be the contents? When and how can we announce Gnome's participation in the event? If you have time for a quick sync in next weeks, that would be perfect.

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards,

Johan

--

---
Johan Thelin

Recommended on-line reading:
http://www.thelins.se | http://www.foss-gbg.se
Recommended off-line reading:
The Foundations of Qt Development (ISBN: 1-59059-831-8)
--

---