Re: Conference budget template

On Fri, 7 Sep 2018 at 14:11, Carlos Soriano <csoriano gnome org> wrote:

Thanks Kat. In general I think it looks quite okay!

- Do the merchandising need to be there if it comes from the engagement budget? If so, I would consider
adding a cost center column (which goes with https://gitlab.gnome.org/Community/Board/issues/46 to know the
cost centers)

It comes from the conference budget for conferences, not engagement

- In the travel committee budget it says non negotiable, you meant that the bid proponents cannot negotiate
that?

It should be negotiable, but there should be recommended amounts for
each regular conference (IMO)

- The dashboard shows numbers in dollars, but the budget was made in euros. Could we have the correct
currency conversion with the conversion ratio specified?

It should be all in EUR for GUADEC, or USD for others, I thinkā€¦ but
then it's inevitable that we'd need to convert something (e.g.
sponsorship) so good idea.

- I would still like to see items that can be like stretch goals here, tied to the income. I guess there
are none for this year, since the budget is targeting at lost. But for future reference maybe we could add
them?

I think we decided to use the "highest" column for stretch goals and
explain in the bid template in more detail how it should be handled.
I'm sitll working on updating that description.