Fwd: Budget update

Here's the email from Adelia

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Adelia Rahim <adeliar gnome org>
Date: Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 3:04 AM
Subject: Budget update
To: Philip Chimento <philip chimento gmail com>, <travel-committee-private gnome org>

Hi Philip and Travel Committee,

Here is a quick update, and I also want to check how “flexible” we are in terms of budget;

Last minute requests for GNOME.Asia are still trickling in, with 2 new ones from speakers. I don’t think we explicitly mentioned any deadline for applications for this event.
Considering all applications, approved sponsorship for GNOME.Asia is ~USD13,500 (vs. budgeted USD11,500). Should we stop accepting requests for GNOME.Asia?

We have the exceptional budget of USD1,795, and it looks like GNOME.Asia is already eating up all of this extra budget, and a bit more.

LAS is allocated USD11,500. In this regard, estimated approved sponsorship total as at latest requests is ~USD7,000.
We did explicitly state the deadline for LAS is 27 July. CfP deadline is today 30 July. I’m unsure if we should expect a few applications from accepted speakers to trickle if their talks are accepted. If there is none, we can definitely cover GNOME.Asia with the balance from LAS.