Re: Events Code of Conduct: CoC Working Group status

Agree with Allan here.

On Mon, 30 Jul 2018 at 14:54, Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
[board-list only]

Benjamin Berg <benjamin sipsolutions net> wrote:
> Could the Board please clarify what the status of the working group is?

My view on this: a "working group" is an informal thing, so the board
doesn't have the power to create or disband one. As such, the
existence of the working group isn't a board matter per se.

That said, when the board created the Code of Conduct Committee, it
gave it responsibility for developing codes of conduct in the future.
This implies that the board doesn't want other groups working on codes
of conduct. Of course, this doesn't preclude the Code of Conduct
Committee from working with non-committee members if they want to.