Re: Funding for Diversity Training at LAS GNOME (Urgent)

Hi Carlos!
On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 10:23 AM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:

On Sat, Jul 21, 2018, 12:37 AM Carlos Soriano <csoriano gnome org> wrote:
Hello Meg,

The idea sounds good. I have a few questions:
- Is the workshop open to other participants in LAS?

It should be open to everyone.  We could make it a registered event that we can shop to the general public.

- Is it limited to a certain number of people? Is so, how many?

Depending on interest.  The venue can hold 120 people but there are smaller room that could hold smaller.

- Would it be possible to attend remotely?

That depends.on whether we can set something up with streaming.  Christel plans on bringing her cameras so we can do the recording ..  and possibly do live streaming .  We would probably need to ask permission since Audrey makes her money from these trainings.  Live streaming might be good but recording may not be.

- What would be the difference between the 1 and 2 hours training?

Not sure.  Overview vs in-depth perhaps ?

She's adapting an existing, longer training specifically for us, so I don't know what the specific differences would be. Based on previous trainings like this that I've attended, I think that there will be more time for questions, discussion, and practice exercises if we choose the longer workshop.

Thanks!
Meg

Sri

Cheers

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 at 06:07, Federico Mena Quintero <federico gnome org> wrote:
On Fri, 2018-07-20 at 19:41 -0500, meg ford via board-list wrote:

> I'm writing as a member of the Talks Team for LAS GNOME. We invited
> Audrey Eschright to keynote, and, based on feedback from Rosanna and
> Neil in the LAS meeting on Wednesday, I asked Audrey if she the
> Foundation could hire her to do a diversity training during either
> one or two of the unconference slots. She replied today and said that
> she had a inclusive language workshop that focuses on how to use the
> best terminology in hiring and documentation, including practice
> exercises. It could be adjusted to run 1-2 hours, and she would
> charge $300 for the one hour version and $500 for 2 hours.

I think this is a great idea.  Audrey's Recompiler Media has produced
some really good stuff so far, e.g. the Responsible Communication Style
Guide.  I'd be happy for the Foundation to sponsor this diversity
training.

  Federico