Re: Funding for Diversity Training at LAS GNOME (Urgent)

Hello Meg,

The idea sounds good. I have a few questions:
- Is the workshop open to other participants in LAS?
- Is it limited to a certain number of people? Is so, how many?
- Would it be possible to attend remotely?
- What would be the difference between the 1 and 2 hours training?

Cheers

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 at 06:07, Federico Mena Quintero <federico gnome org> wrote:
On Fri, 2018-07-20 at 19:41 -0500, meg ford via board-list wrote:

> I'm writing as a member of the Talks Team for LAS GNOME. We invited
> Audrey Eschright to keynote, and, based on feedback from Rosanna and
> Neil in the LAS meeting on Wednesday, I asked Audrey if she the
> Foundation could hire her to do a diversity training during either
> one or two of the unconference slots. She replied today and said that
> she had a inclusive language workshop that focuses on how to use the
> best terminology in hiring and documentation, including practice
> exercises. It could be adjusted to run 1-2 hours, and she would
> charge $300 for the one hour version and $500 for 2 hours.

I think this is a great idea.  Audrey's Recompiler Media has produced
some really good stuff so far, e.g. the Responsible Communication Style
Guide.  I'd be happy for the Foundation to sponsor this diversity
training.

  Federico