Re: Funding for Diversity Training at LAS GNOME (Urgent)

On Fri, 2018-07-20 at 19:41 -0500, meg ford via board-list wrote:

I'm writing as a member of the Talks Team for LAS GNOME. We invited
Audrey Eschright to keynote, and, based on feedback from Rosanna and
Neil in the LAS meeting on Wednesday, I asked Audrey if she the
Foundation could hire her to do a diversity training during either
one or two of the unconference slots. She replied today and said that
she had a inclusive language workshop that focuses on how to use the
best terminology in hiring and documentation, including practice
exercises. It could be adjusted to run 1-2 hours, and she would
charge $300 for the one hour version and $500 for 2 hours.

I think this is a great idea.  Audrey's Recompiler Media has produced
some really good stuff so far, e.g. the Responsible Communication Style
Guide.  I'd be happy for the Foundation to sponsor this diversity
training.

  Federico