Re: [Private] Donation to "Club Cacharreo", request by Ismael Olea

On 12 July 2018 at 12:57,  <philip chimento gmail com> wrote:
I don't have an opinion about this, but in order to form one, I'd want to
know whether (1) we've ever done this kind of donation before and (2)
whether we've ever been in the situation before where an existing separate
nonprofit handled the organization of a conference.

At the Karlsruhe GUADEC, we planned to give a donation to the CCC
(video) team and to Z10 (one of the not-for-profit venues), but in
both cases we ended up asking them to invoice us rather than giving
them a donation.

I'm not sure what the arrangement that we currently have with CdC
looks like, but it's normal to pay the local entity a fee to cover
accounting costs. From memory, this tends to be around €1000-2000 in
most cases.