Re: Contribution

Hi Wilfer,

Thanks for your message! This looks like a really fantastic project.

The GNOME Board is not responsible for defining which components are included in the releases made by the GNOME project. This is the responsibility of the GNOME Project's Release Team. There is a process for proposing modules for inclusion in GNOME, which is documented at https://wiki.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning/ModuleProposing. One criteria that they consider is the use of GNOME infrastructure - now that GNOME has moved to Gitlab, one step you could take is to consider relocating your project to use gitlab.gnome.org as part of this process.

Although it's not the trademark of the GNOME Foundation (and I am not a lawyer, so you can ignore this if you wish), I would suggest you consider changing your project name so that it doesn't contain the word Arduino so there is no confusion about whether it's an official - you can use the word Arduino to refer to their boards/products, but it might be confusing for you to use the word/name Arduino in the name of your project too.

Finally, you might consider checking out Flathub (see www.flathub.org) and see if you could make a Flatpak of your project. This will allow people to download and try it ready to run on any modern Linux system, and it will help you get visibility, users and potential contributors.

Many Thanks,
Rob
GNOME Board member