Re: [Private] Donation to "Club Cacharreo", request by Ismael Olea

On Wed, 2018-07-11 at 18:06 +0100, Allan Day wrote:
Carlos Soriano <csoriano gnome org> wrote:
Ismael mentioned that the nonprofit ran by Ismael and others "Club
Cacharreo" and Ismael himself would feel very glad if the GNOME
foundation would provide a donation in form of thank you for all
the work done to Club Cacharreo.

Did we do something similar in the past? What do you all think?

I think I'd want to know more about Club Cacharreo before considering
this.

Likewise - did they help with the GUADEC organisation? What type of
legal entity is it?

Also we need to check if we're actually able to do this; it's not a
given that the Foundation is allowed to direct its funds to another
non-profit as a donation, particularly one organised in a different
country.

Rob