Re: [Thessaloniki] | GUADEC 2019 Intention to Bid

[board-list only]

Ekaterina Gerasimova <kittykat3756 gmail com> wrote:
If at all possible, I would like us to announce the next GUADEC location on Sunday. For this, I would
need the bid and then the board would need to review it + vote.

The timeline that the board agreed was to accept bids until 6 August.
I'd prefer us not to suddenly change that without there being some
discussion and agreement.

Rosanna said that we don't technically need a meeting for a vote as we can vote by email if everyone agrees
to or can have a meeting at shorter notice if everyone agrees to do that instead.

The bylaws state that decisions over email have to be unanimous.
Special meetings are supposed to be announced 48 hours in advance.

Are you saying that you're not willing to do either of those? If you are, then the point is moot.

I don't think that there would have been time to adequately review and
discuss a bid before Sunday.