Re: [Thessaloniki] | GUADEC 2019 Intention to Bid

Hi Vivian,

If at all possible, I would like us to announce the next GUADEC location on Sunday. For this, I would need the bid and then the board would need to review it + vote.

On Thu, 28 Jun 2018, 12:44 Vivia Nikolaidou, <n vivia gmail com> wrote:
Hi Didier,

On 20 June 2018 at 16:48, Didier Roche <didrocks gnome org> wrote:
> Le 20/06/2018 à 17:29, Sebastian Dröge a écrit :
>> On Wed, 2018-06-20 at 08:39 +0200, Didier Roche wrote:
>>> Our rough deadline for bids is August 6th, so that it's doable to
>>> have a venue secured ASAP for the selected organizing team. Does that
>>> sound feasible?
>>
>> We plan to have the venue secured as soon as the bid is accepted, so
>> August 6th sounds perfectly doable.
>
> Perfect!

Unfortunately things are moving quite slowly with our venue, so we
cannot have the official bid ready by tomorrow. We will do our best
for next week.

In the meantime, today we had a call with the Aristotle University of
Thessaloniki, which will provide the most likely venue (
http://auth.gr/en ), and GFOSS – Open Technologies Alliance, which
will be handling financial issues ( https://gfoss.eu/ ). There are
some questions that came up from them, and there doesn't seem to be
enough information on current and past GUADEC websites, so I'd be
happy if you could answer those for me:

1) Will they appear as simple supporters or can they be co-organisers?
In our team, we would prefer for them to be co-organisers, because
they have more experience than we do and can move things more quickly.

Either works.

2) What is the role and sponsorship package of local sponsors? Do they
just follow normal sponsorship levels or is there something different
for them? This is needed in order to start approaching them, we should
know what to ask of them.

This is open to negotiation… normally they sponsor something smaller than bronze.

Thank you very much,

Vivia