Re: Contract revisiting

Alexandre Franke <afranke gnome org> wrote:
You must remember that Andrea is offering his services in the context
of a non-profit

I don't think anyone's disputing that.

It doesn’t make much sense to refer to regular prices because
they are in a different context altogether.

I disagree. While we might not want to match commercial rates, they
are relevant and do frame the decision.

At this point I think our best course of action would be to actually
ask Andrea if he had any rate in mind

That option had occurred to me too, and it might not be a bad idea. If
we did that, it might be better to ask him to suggest a range rather
than a fixed figure, to give ourselves some flexibility and avoid
putting him on the spot too much.