Re: Contract revisiting

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 3:43 PM, Alexandre Franke <afranke gnome org> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 12:26 AM, Alexandre Franke <afranke gnome org> wrote:
> A comparison of employee salaries and contractor rates won’t work so
> this data isn’t great indeed, and the US figures won’t help either.

To give another point of reference regarding that, here are the rate
page for two French companies that provide sysadmin services:
* https://www.easter-eggs.com/Tarifs
* https://www.codelutin.com/tarifs.html

The former has an hourly rate of 150€ and the latter has a 1000€/8hrs
package which comes down to an hourly rate of 125€.

You must remember that Andrea is offering his services in the context
of a non-profit and that was a key point in deciding the original
rate. It doesn’t make much sense to refer to regular prices because
they are in a different context altogether.

At this point I think our best course of action would be to actually
ask Andrea if he had any rate in mind and see what he would think of
immediate raise to 16€/hr + automatic COLA.

Ok, if the data around salaried employees isn't particularly useful, would it help to ask Karen how she calculated the rate initially? It could inform any future contracts we need to negotiate since we can document the factors for future Boards.

@Neil -- do you have any insight to lend here? I know you've been involved in hiring at previous jobs, it'd be great to get your take on this matter!

--
Nuritzi Sanchez
President, Board of Directors