Re: LAS 2018 Budget Approval for Denver, Colorado

Hello Sri,

First, apologies for the delay answering. We just want to state that we believe LAS initiative is good and well intended, and the board thanks the LAS team for their effort.

During our call the board discussed worries about paying the venue cost up front if the conference is not going to be more focused on GNOME. We were also concerned about the lack of GNOME branding of the conference.

For the former issue, an idea that was proposed is to have a minimum percentage of GNOME talks and people from GNOME attending LAS, although other ideas are welcome. We are happy to evaluate a new proposal coming from the LAS team addressing these issues.

Thanks,
Carlos Soriano
GNOME Board of Directors