Re: Increasing the Marketing budget for 2018

Hey Nuritzi,

From a finances point of view this sounds reasonable. We are spending quite a lot in marketing nowadays, and that's actually great, but we should be concious that it's a high spending so we should keep a look into performance and try to reduce what doesn't work while being open to new spendings. I think a goal of 12k per year in marketing and engagement is reasonable (taking out the boxes that are one-off spends).

Cheers

On 20 February 2018 at 16:30, Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
Hi Nuritzi,

Thanks for all this detail - very useful!

Nuritzi Sanchez <nuritzis stanfordalumni org> wrote:
> Context: We used to have a North American travel box, but we have tried to retrieve it several times and have been unable to do so. Based on the previous effort made, we have marked it as "lost." Recently, there has been more activity at conferences in the US, and we would like to keep expanding our presence at conferences in North America. We already have a table cloth, but are in need of things like a laptop, display monitor, etc.
>
> Request: We would like to have a large box that we can ship around the US when needed, and also a small box that can be sent if there is only need for basic things like a tablecloth, flyers, and stickers. The total estimated cost for both boxes is $3,350 USD and is based on Kat's European box estimate.

When the board discussed this last, it was asked whether there was
demand for one box, but now it seems that the request is for two
boxes. Is the full box with all the kit really necessary? Perhaps it
would be better to gain experience with one box before expanding to
two?

> Use: Here are some cases where we think it will be used this year:
>
> SCALE 16x, Nuritzi
> Ohio Linuxfest, Meg's contacts
> Flourish, Meg's contacts
> All Things Open, Michael Hall
> Linuxfest Northwest, Sri

Will these events be using the small or the large box?