Re: Contract revisiting

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 12:30 AM, Rosanna Yuen <zana gnome org> wrote:
Karen as ED negotiated the original rate (USD$18) with Andrea and it was
approved by the board in the beginning of 2013. At some point, the currency
fluctuations were making Andrea uncomfortable, and the rate was converted
and pinned to EUR€14, which is where we stand now.

I believe that out contract with Andrea has an upper limit as to how many
hours he is allowed to charge per month. However, he has never reached this
limit.

Thanks, that context is useful.

He has sent five invoices in the past year:

Dates Number of hours
=========================
12/22 - 2/6 80
11/8 - 12/22 60
8/8 - 11/8  80
6/14 - 8/8  40
2/25 - 6/14 80

So that was 340 for the year. Not a huge amount.

I’d like to suggest we offer Andrea a rate of 16€/hr. This 14%
increase looks reasonable to me for both parties as it’s not
ridiculously low, yet not high enough that it would have a significant
impact on the Foundation finances given the yearly total. We can wait
until the meeting to vote, but making this proposal now gives us time
to discuss it if needed and maybe even for someone else to make a
counter proposal.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker & Foundation Director