Re: Are there additional funds for hackfests?

Hi,
On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 8:39 PM, Cosimo Cecchi <cosimo cecchi gmail com> wrote:
[removing TC and Kat]

Board, could you think of other alternative ways to solve this situation?

I suppose we could do the same thing we did when there was a miscommunication around the Board Hackfest: approve the funding directly. Normally I wouldn't think this was a good idea, but I think it's important for us to use some of the funding for this hackfest since it was specifically included in the proposal for the funds. In my view, we are partly to blame for the situation since we did not inform the community of the grant and the events we were proposing.

I understand that the donation funds are not in any way specifically tied to Endless people attending this event, but since others have had their funds approved, and nobody from Endless did, it would be easy to interpret the situation as someone specifically not wanting Endless people to attend.
Not saying that's the case at all, but I think you can understand that it would be disappointing to the people that coordinated the donation if it turned out that nobody from Endless could attend the event after all.

To me it's less important what company the participants work for, and more important that the goal of the hackfest ("we want to explore ways to join forces and turn recipes into a cooking app that works for EOS users as well as the GNOME community") really depends on those attendees being there.

Meg

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Cosimo