Re: Updates to the European events box

On 7 February 2018 at 14:49, Ekaterina Gerasimova <kat gnome org> wrote:
On 7 February 2018 at 14:08, Alexandre Franke <afranke gnome org> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 1:43 PM, Ekaterina Gerasimova <kat gnome org> wrote:
That being said, the box and everything related fall under the
marketing budget and as such the board would like you to go through
the marketing budget holder. Please send your request to
engagement-list gnome org with nuritzi gnome org in CC.

To summarise, I want the board to give me some funds to:
- update the box contents (around £2000)
- ship the box to the next event (probably under £100)

As the thresholds are per line item it would help getting approvals if
you could break down the amounts for the contents. We don’t require
quotes, just a maximum estimate. E.g. it’s easier to approve $300 of
banner, $100 of stationary and $1400 of computer hardware than $1800
of misc contents.

This seems like artifically splitting the expense of updating the
contents of the box, which is against the policy, so maybe that needs
to be defined better?

The policy we are applying is available at


The policy seems to be lacking a clear, step-by-step process to go
alongside it, and a list of budget holders. Could you please add this?

This also sounds like it would be better suited to a task tracker
rather than a mailing list. It's also not clear to me to whom I should
be addressing the request. I would make an educated guess that it's
Nuritzi, but since you're asking me to send the request to the mailing
list, is it everyone on the mailing list?

Some of the questions that I feel are unanswered at the moment are:
- In what sort of timeframe should I be expecting a response?
- How do I get reimbursed?

I would also need some guidance on what to do with the old contents. I
would, for example, be happy to sell it on eBay and give the money to
the Foundation or ship it to a Foundation member who would find it
useful. I'd be happy to blog and ask if anyone is interested.

We’ll need a bit more time to think about it if that’s alright for you.

No problem, my timeline for getting this resolved would be preferably
in the month following the aquisition of new hardware.

There is also the issue of the second GNOME box: the contents are even
more outdated. I have it at my house right now to sort through.
According to Dorée, since the boxes have been at Collabora (since
2011), the larger box has gone out only once and that was due to poor

The large box currently contains:
- old desktop (not sure if it works)
- 2 keyboards
- 2 mice
- projector (last time used about ~7 years ago)
- bunch of old flyers which are outdated
- old, damaged banner
- probably a screen underneath everything else

I will bin the flyers as they're useless. Again, would be interested
to know what the board thinks should be done with this hardware. I
don't think we need *two* boxes. Since the hardware is really outdated
in the second box as well, I think it should be disposed of as the
board sees fit. In the mean time, I'll figure out if we can somehow
make use of the bigger box or not.

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]