Re: Relinquishing some responsibilities

Alexandre,

While respecting your decision to step down from the role of Secretary, I can’t say that I agree with your
reasoning.

I wish I had the chance for a longer reply, but I would like to suggest you consider three simple points:
- the fact I felt responsibility and decided to share that feeling with the community in my message does not
automatically put any sort of blame on either me, or (especially) you.
- if you were intentionally withdrawing minutes waiting on some specific items, you could have simply marked
those as private and shared the rest, like others suggested directly in threads about the topic. You also
could have raised the urgency of those items by putting them for discussion in the agenda for our weekly
meeting, or on the mailing list.
- getting the minutes published at all was a huge net positive, even with some imperfections that needed
follow ups. I strongly feel that done was better than perfect in this case.

Board,

I realize that as Vice-Secretary the responsibility of taking and publishing minutes now falls on me.
Unfortunately, as mentioned in past meetings, work obligations make it so that my involvement with the board
is going be limited in the next few months leading to the new election. I won’t be able to join today’s call,
but I can already tell you that I won’t be able to assume the role of Secretary for the rest of the mandate.

Cheers,
Cosimo