Outreachy sponsorship

Dear Board,

I'm pleased to let you know that in the current round there is one
Outreachy intern working on GNOME on the Usage application [1] and her
internship is sponsored by Red Hat.

Could you possibly provisionally authorize sponsorship of $6,500 for
one intern in the May 2018 round? Similar to how we did it in the
past, we can agree that It will only be used if there is no dedicated
sponsorship for GNOME from another organization. A quick authorization
from you would let me get GNOME's participation going next week, when
Outreachy opens its application process.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Red Hat or FSF will be able to
sponsor a GNOME intern next round. I've already reached out to Endless
and am waiting to hear back. Please let me know if there is any other
prospective sponsor, such as Canonical, that you would like me to get
in touch with.

Thanks!
Marina

[1] https://www.outreachy.org/alums/