Re: Code of conduct

Hi Benjamin,

The board has discussed your email recently. I want to clarify that it was difficult for us to understand the whole context and to identify what we could do, so apologies if we took longer than expected.

We believe that most of your questions and concerns will be answered by the Code Of Conduct for Events that the board and the CoC committee is working on. We are aware you are part of it. We don't think we can go back and fix what you felt was wrong, however we look forward to have the code of conduct finished to clarify these concerns.

We also want to mention that there was a communication issue with "at your earliest convenience", and want to clarify that is a common way to politely ask for an action to happen as soon as possible. We would appreciate double checking before marking as aggressive these interchanges, as it can alienate people.

Thanks,
Carlos Soriano

Carlos Soriano
GNOME Board of Directors