Re: Are there additional funds for hackfests?

I'm also sending an internal-board email for this one so we can respond in a timely and aligned manner. The Recipes Hackfest is happening very soon (Feb 28th), so we should give the travel committee an update about the extra funds ASAP.

It sounds like there are a few actions here. Are these the right ones / only ones?
  • @Cosimo to ask Endless employees not to disclose the anonymous donation info in the future
  • @Neil and Carlos to create a wiki page about the donation and how the funds can be used
  • @Alexandre to share the wiki page about the donations with the travel committee when it is created. However, since the hackfest is happening so soon, maybe we do something else as a stopgap sooner? Any suggestions?
  • @Neil to make a public announcement about the donation amount and details for how to use it
What do you guys think?

Best,
Nuritzi

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 12:55 PM, Ekaterina Gerasimova <kittykat3756 gmail com> wrote:
On 8 February 2018 at 14:18, Nuritzi Sanchez <nuritzi gnome org> wrote:
> Hi Kat,
>
> Yes, there are additional funds for hackfests this year as long as they meet
> certain criteria.
>
> @Neil and Carlos -- would you be able to jump on a call with the travel
> committee and explain or else write it out here?
>
> @Kat -- do you suggest we set up a wiki page with more details on the funds,
> or would a call / email be sufficient?

It needs to be in writing to make sure that here is less space for a
misunderstanding. I suggest email, but wiki also works.