Are there additional funds for hackfests?

Hi board,

We had a request from someone who wants to be sponsored (paraphrasing
slightly) because their "employer made contributions towards hackfests
in emerging countries" and in general, we've had some large requests
for a hackfest which is planned for a location that makes no financial
sense given where the listed attendees are coming from.

Is the board increasing the budget assigned to the TC because of a
donation or has this person misunderstood something?

If there is additional budget to hold hackfests in unusual locations,
we need to know now.

Regards
Kat