Re: Updates to the European events box

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 3:49 PM, Ekaterina Gerasimova <kat gnome org> wrote:
This seems like artifically splitting the expense of updating the
contents of the box, which is against the policy, so maybe that needs
to be defined better?

I can see how finding the correct balance between artificial split and
too much in the same line can be difficult. We indeed need to improve
the related documentation.

The policy seems to be lacking a clear, step-by-step process to go
alongside it, and a list of budget holders. Could you please add this?

Will do.

This also sounds like it would be better suited to a task tracker
rather than a mailing list.

Good suggestion, email was used here as it’s we have for now. We
should definitely consider using Gitlab for that.

It's also not clear to me to whom I should
be addressing the request. I would make an educated guess that it's
Nuritzi, but since you're asking me to send the request to the mailing
list, is it everyone on the mailing list?

Sorry that I wasn’t clear. The current budget holder is nuritzi, the
list is a recipient for transparency purpose only.

Some of the questions that I feel are unanswered at the moment are:
- In what sort of timeframe should I be expecting a response?

Hopefully soon, though the board can’t really speak on behalf of the
budget holder. I’d say you can poke them after 72 hrs and come back to
us 48 hrs later if you still haven’t heard back from them.

- How do I get reimbursed?

The budget holder should give you the details.

Hope this helps.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker & Foundation Director