Re: Updates to the European events box



On 7 February 2018 at 14:08, Alexandre Franke <afranke gnome org> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 1:43 PM, Ekaterina Gerasimova <kat gnome org> wrote:
[…]
That being said, the box and everything related fall under the
marketing budget and as such the board would like you to go through
the marketing budget holder. Please send your request to
engagement-list gnome org with nuritzi gnome org in CC.

To summarise, I want the board to give me some funds to:
- update the box contents (around £2000)
- ship the box to the next event (probably under £100)

As the thresholds are per line item it would help getting approvals if
you could break down the amounts for the contents. We don’t require
quotes, just a maximum estimate. E.g. it’s easier to approve $300 of
banner, $100 of stationary and $1400 of computer hardware than $1800
of misc contents.

This seems like artifically splitting the expense of updating the
contents of the box, which is against the policy, so maybe that needs
to be defined better?

The policy we are applying is available at
https://wiki.gnome.org/Foundation/BudgetAndSpending

Ack.

The policy seems to be lacking a clear, step-by-step process to go
alongside it, and a list of budget holders. Could you please add this?

This also sounds like it would be better suited to a task tracker
rather than a mailing list. It's also not clear to me to whom I should
be addressing the request. I would make an educated guess that it's
Nuritzi, but since you're asking me to send the request to the mailing
list, is it everyone on the mailing list?

Some of the questions that I feel are unanswered at the moment are:
- In what sort of timeframe should I be expecting a response?
- How do I get reimbursed?

I would also need some guidance on what to do with the old contents. I
would, for example, be happy to sell it on eBay and give the money to
the Foundation or ship it to a Foundation member who would find it
useful. I'd be happy to blog and ask if anyone is interested.

We’ll need a bit more time to think about it if that’s alright for you.

No problem, my timeline for getting this resolved would be preferably
in the month following the aquisition of new hardware.



[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]