Re: Updates to the European events box

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 1:43 PM, Ekaterina Gerasimova <kat gnome org> wrote:
Hi board,

Hi,

The European events box hardware has become outdated and it's bulky,
which makes the box more heavy and awkward to transport than it needs
to be.

As someone who had to transport that box several times, I can say I sympathize.

I would like to request ~£2000 to buy some new equipment. The current
hardware that's in the box is about 8 years old.

I’ve witnessed the sluggishness and problems with that hardware and
agree a renewal would be welcome.

That being said, the box and everything related fall under the
marketing budget and as such the board would like you to go through
the marketing budget holder. Please send your request to
engagement-list gnome org with nuritzi gnome org in CC.

To summarise, I want the board to give me some funds to:
- update the box contents (around £2000)
- ship the box to the next event (probably under £100)

As the thresholds are per line item it would help getting approvals if
you could break down the amounts for the contents. We don’t require
quotes, just a maximum estimate. E.g. it’s easier to approve $300 of
banner, $100 of stationary and $1400 of computer hardware than $1800
of misc contents.

The policy we are applying is available at
https://wiki.gnome.org/Foundation/BudgetAndSpending

I would also need some guidance on what to do with the old contents. I
would, for example, be happy to sell it on eBay and give the money to
the Foundation or ship it to a Foundation member who would find it
useful. I'd be happy to blog and ask if anyone is interested.

We’ll need a bit more time to think about it if that’s alright for you.

Cheers,

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker & Foundation Director