Re: Email for Benjamin

Thanks for all of your work on this so far, Carlos! Here are some suggested edits to the email -- feel free to keep some or not. It's a really hard email to write and I'm not sure that my edits are sufficient, since the last paragraph ends on kind of a harsh note.

Best,
Nuritzi

Hello Benjamin,

The board has discussed your email recently. For context on my response, some of us are new to the board and it has also been a long time since GUADEC 2016, so it was difficult to understand the whole backstory and to identify what we could do.

We hear your concerns and believe that the best course of action is to learn from what happened and do our best to prevent similar things from happening in the future. To that effect, we believe that the Code Of Conduct for Events that you and the CoC working group helped draft will help us do just. We hope to finalize that Events CoC and implement it as soon as possible.

We also want to mention that that the wording "at your earliest convenience" is a polite way of asking for action to happen as soon as possible. Your highlighting that as aggressive behavior alienated the people involved and we would appreciate for this not to happen again.

Thanks,
Carlos Soriano