Bylaws change - Action needed by February 27, 2018

If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online.

Action Needed by February 27th
for American Nonprofits Bylaws Revision

ACTION REQUIRED

Dear Nonprofit Colleagues -

As a benefit of membership in the Nonprofits Insurance Alliance of California, you are a member of American Nonprofits.  You also may have signed up for a personal membership. This membership provides you access to Blue Avocado, our online newsletter filled with data rich content on nonprofit management. American Nonprofits is also working to improve affordable access for nonprofits to operating credit.

The board of directors of American Nonprofits is asking our members to vote to allow a change in our bylaws to convert American Nonprofits from a voting membership nonprofit to a nonvoting membership nonprofit. American Nonprofits originally formed as a membership nonprofit to create the base for a credit union. We now believe that the best solution is to form a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). That new form lends itself more to a 501(c)(3) public benefit nonprofit, still a community-based organization, but no longer a membership organization.

For a redline version of the change please click here.

Please vote on whether or not you approve of this change to the bylaws by replying “Approve” or “Disapprove” to this email.  Our voting process will conclude February 27th.   We appreciate your confidence in us and will continue to work hard to improve nonprofits access to affordable credit services and working capital loans.

If you have any questions about this change, please email our Executive Director, Marc Rand at:  mrand americannonprofits org.

Thank you,
Andrew Hastings
Board Chair, American Nonprofits
American Nonprofits bylaws revision

P.O. Box 1018 | Santa Cruz, CA 95061 US
This email was sent to board gnome org. To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add us to your address book or safe list.

manage your preferences | opt out using TrueRemove®.