Re: Migrating Our Files to OwnCloud

On 13 August 2013 11:45, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
Ekaterina Gerasimova <kittykat3756 gmail com> wrote:
>> […]
>>
>>  * Files that we are using, but which are mostly of interest to the
>> Engagement team go in "Engagement Team - Private".
>>  * Files that are old or out of date will go in "Engagement Team -
>> Private > Archive".
>> […]
>
> Hi, will these be public as well? If not, why not?

This will mostly be for old materials that we don't recommend people
to use any more, such as out of date leaflet designs, and it won't
replace the wiki for hosting text. I wasn't planning on making it
public, simply because I think it is good to be clear about what is
recommended for use and what isn't. Anyone with an Engagement Team
OwnCloud account will be able to view it, of course.

If I was to want to view an old document for reference purposes, what will I need to do to get an account with suitable permissions and where will this process be documented?

As someone who does reference old material relatively regularly, I would personally find it much easier if it was available publicly (and it should definitely be clearly marked as obsolete) and this would also be more in line with our Foundation Charter.