Re: Mobile Giving Foundation

El mié, 03-03-2010 a las 08:53 -0700, Stormy Peters escribió:

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Bharat Kapoor <3 kapoor gmail com>
wrote:

        Whats the process, when I know I have a go ahead to get the
        paperwork ready for the vendor - they have sent it to me and I
        am just sitting on them waiting for our team's approval.

How about putting together the launch plan first?

Just wanted to say that agree to investing and giving a try to this. And
also that we should have a clear plan on how we are going to explode
this to the last cent :).
Some ideas:
 - Ask AdBarn people to give us space (or pay if it's not much?)
 - Produce a banner that people can put in their website
 - Send frequent notice of this via indeti.ca/twitter
  + Idea: have a list of phrases under 140 chars to promote this so we
can just blindly send the message
 - Add the banner to planet, gnome.org

On a more wishful thinking note: can we create a WP plugin that gives us
this nice boxes for the sidebars? For example there's this flickr box
for the sidebar, we could have one for "GNOME campaigns" so when we
launch anything like this we just stream it to all our "subscribers".

What do you think? It would be like a distributed free wall for
publicity posters :). Am I evil?