[Ekiga-list] ekiga and pulseaudio

Jan Kasprzak kas at fi.muni.cz
Wed Sep 19 14:48:19 UTC 2007

Damien Sandras wrote:
: Le mercredi 19 septembre 2007 à 16:14 +0200, Sebastian Hesselbarth a
: écrit :
: > Same result: ekiga does not find any audio devices but
: > aplay/gstreamer/.. do.
: >
:
: As I mentionned earlier in this thread, if you remap the default device
: in .asoundrc and use it in Ekiga, it works.

	Yes, but it is not possible to use anything other than the
default device.

	I have found that when I start ekiga _after_ modifying .asoundrc
(and pcm.!default, ctl.!default remapped to pulseaudio), ekiga crashes with
the following STDERR:

ekiga: pcm_params.c:2351: sndrv_pcm_hw_params: Assertion `err >= 0' failed.
Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0xb64)!

	However, according to

http://www.pulseaudio.org/ticket/23 and
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=2601

it seems to be a bug in alsa/ioplug. No solution mentioned there, however.

-Y.

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |