[Ekiga-list] audio choking

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Fri Sep 7 11:38:05 UTC 2007

Hi,
Thanks for an answer. Pls see below.

Julien Puydt wrote:
> Dominik Szczerba a écrit :
>> I tried ekiga on debian testing with wireless broadband connection.
>> I could hear the lady in the test call talking and I could hear myself
>> back. However, the voices were heavily deformed (choking). I tried
>> changing the codecs to no luck. Any ideas what's wrong?
>
> There can be several things :
> (1) was video enabled ? [video can take much bandwith]

no, is disabled.

> (2) is the connection good enough? [good bandwith isn't enough for good
> sound quality : one needs a very regular bandwith]

I dont believe this is the connection as I tried with a few (e.g. with a
very high quality wired connection at work). Anyway, how can I measure
this? It is good enough for skype. I would be very glad to hear some
more debugging suggestions.
Thanks a lot -- Dominik

> Snark on #ekiga

Dominik Szczerba, Ph.D.