[Ekiga-list] quality call

Michael mshahwan2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 21:06:52 UTC 2007

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Noticed that during the first 2 seconds of the call the quality
is perfect. Then after the two seconds it drops down to a cell phone call
quality. This occurs when I try G711 or GSM.

It is understood GSM suppose to sound like a cell phone
call. But the first two seconds it is really clear. To avoid it we switched to
G711, but the exact same thing happened.  Two seconds crystal clear and drops down to a cell
phone quality call. So it is not the codec.

This only happens with the Ekiga soft phone. The other soft
phones do not have these problems running on Windows. Any ideas what could be
the cause?

We are using 64bit Xubuntu 7.04 with Ekiga 2.0.9 on a USB
Plantronics DSP-400 microphone headset.