[Ekiga-list] STUN - NAT : impossible to connect...

Jānis Rukšāns thedogfarted at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 14:45:23 UTC 2007

Hi,

On 10/31/07, Damien Sandras <dsandras at seconix.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le mercredi 31 octobre 2007 à 14:30 +0100, David BERCOT a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm sorry to bother you again, but I think it is possible to use Ekiga
> > through a tunnel, no ?
> >
> > If I'd like to specify a particular way, it would be possible ?
>

> I don't see how it can be done, but perhaps it is indeed possible...

As far as I understand the only way to reach outside world is through
SSH, all other ports are blocked. If so, the only thing that comes in
mind is to setting up a SIP proxy on the remote box, tunneling the
whole port range (requires some hacks because SSH is capable of TCP
tunneling only) and configuring localhost as an outbound proxy. Even
if that works, I expect the sound quality will be bad in the best
case.

> > Thank you very much.
> >
> > David.
> >
> > Le Mon, 29 Oct 2007 16:10:35 +0100,
> > David BERCOT <david.bercot at wanadoo.fr> a écrit :
> >
> > > Hi again,

> > > No, a direct tunnel !!! For example :
> > > ssh -N -f monserveyr -L9110:pop.wanadoo.fr:110

> > > At work, yes. But through my tunnel, I can do what I want ;-)
> > >
> > > David.

> --
>  _     Damien Sandras
> (o-