[Ekiga-list] ekiga slow to connect

xlyz xlyz at fastwebnet.it
Mon Oct 22 21:25:25 UTC 2007

> However, it is not normal to spend so much time on that lookup. It
> indicates a problem on your DNS server.

the culprit seems to be the dns relay of my router. I've disabled it and
now ekiga works fine

> Can you double-check /etc/resolv.conf on the machine on which you have a
> delay and on the machine that works correctly ?
> --

both were the same machine, the second being a virtualized windows
installation. I still do not understand why it worked fine: maybe the
windows versione does not do the SRV lookup?

btw many thanks for the assistance.

xlyz