[Ekiga-list] Dialing 1-800 numbers in the US

JCA 1.41421 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 17:25:16 UTC 2007

> I just tested those numbers:
> sip:*01318006790847 at ekiga.net (codec GSM, Pizza Hut Telemarketing)
> sip:*01318008267789 at ekiga.net Colonial Bank
> sip:*01318005277372 at ekiga.net Society Of Former Special Agents Of Fbi
>
> They work here.

    They do work all right for me as well.

> Not all numbers I tried do work, depending if they are connected to the
> network, or if I'm in the right area. But I get an error message (a
> vocal message) most of the time.

     It would seem that not all 1800 numbers in the US are equal.
Other 1800 numbers I have tested (in particular, those I am interested
in) all fail with the same "Security check failed" message printed out
at the lower end of Ekiga's window. These are ordinary 1800 numbers
that work as expected when using ordinary phones. You might like to
test e.g. 1 800 4321359 (for Frontier Airlines.)